- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Row to Neck Instructions
- Set the appropriate weight on the weight stack and attach a rope attachment to the pulley of a seated row machine.
- Grasp each end of the rope with a neutral grip (palms facing in and thumbs above your pinky fingers).
- Keeping your legs slightly bent and your back straight, pull the weight up slightly off the stack.
- You should be sitting upright with your shoulders back. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your body in position, pull the rope in and up towards your neck.
- As the rope nears your neck, spread it apart so that each hand ends up on either side of your neck near your shoulders.
- Pull your shoulder blades back, squeeze, pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Your back must remain straight at all times. Your torso should be kept still throughout the entire set.
- Don't let your shoulders hunch over when your arms are extended.
- Use the back and trap muscles to move the weight - do not lean forward and use momentum to swing the weight back.
- Pausing and squeezing at the top of the movement for a 1-2 count will increase intensity and results