- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Palm Rotational Row Instructions
- Set up for the cable palm rotational row by attaching a single handle to the low pulley cable.
- Adjust the stack to the desired weight.
- Position yourself around 3 feet from the cable machine and grasp the handle with your right hand.
- Take the weight off the stack and bend at the knees slightly.
- Put your left hand on your left thigh for stability.
- Starting with an overhand position, start pulling your arm towards your side.
- As you're pulling the weight, twist at the wrist to form an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Pull your arm in as far as possible and squeeze through the shoulder blade.
- Slowly lower the weight back down, twisting at the wrist back to the overhand position.
- Repeat for reps and then repeat on the opposite arm.
Cable Palm Rotational Row Tips
- Make the twist as gradual as possible. Don't do the entire twist at the start or end of the movement.
- If you need to, use your free hand for stability on the cable machine.
- Keep your whole body fixed throughout the exercise. Only your arm should be moving.