- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypeN/A
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Hip Adduction Instructions
- Set up for the cable hip adduction by attaching an ankle strap (if one is not available, a single handle may suffice) to the low pulley of a cable pulley machine and set your desired weight on the stack.
- Attach the ankle strap to your left ankle and stand up straight with your feet close together with your left foot closest to the machine.
- You can use your left arm to hold onto the machine for stability. You are now in the staring position.
- Begin the movement by lifting your left foot off the floor to take the weight off the rack.
- Keep your leg as straight as possible and begin slowly moving it across your body until your ankle passes your standing leg.
- Pause for a moment and then slowly reverse the movement and bring your leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired amount of reps.
- Turn around, attach the the strap to your right ankle and then repeat with your right leg.
- Stand up straight and focus on moving only at the hip. Keep your torso as still as possible.
- You can eventually begin to increase the range of motion by standing further and further away from the machine. This will require a good deal of balance as you won't be able to hold onto the machine.