- Set up for the barbell drag curl by grasping a barbell with an underhand grip (palms facing up) and standing straight up.
- Keeping your body fixed, drag (without touching your body) the barbell straight up in line with your body as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Drag Curl Tips:
- Do not let the barbell touch your body throughout the set.
- Your elbows should not be pinned to your side for this type of curl.
- Do not lift your shoulders.
- Stand straight up, and don't move your body throughout the set.
- Control the weight, and squeeze your biceps hard at the top of the movement for maximum results.