Barbell Drag Curl Instructions
- Select the desired weight, load it onto the bar, and assume a shoulder width stance.
- Using a supinated (palms up) grip, take a deep breath and curl the barbell towards your shoulders.
- As you pull the bar upwards, keep it close to your torso by allowing the elbows to drift slightly behind the body.
- Once the biceps are fully shortened, slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Drag Curl Tips
- Maintain a slight bend in the elbow at the bottom of the movement to keep tension through the biceps.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.
- If you experience forearm or wrist discomfort while using a barbell, switch to an EZ curl bar or dumbbells.