Recommended for you
Please select an item from the list above to view nutrition information.
Servings Per Container: 30
† Daily Value (DV) not established.
As a "core" or foundational preworkout supplement, take a single pack 30-45 minutes before you lift, preferably on an empty stomach. As each pack also contains your full, daily dose of creatine, take Pump every day for optimal results. On non-training days, you can take the pack around the same time as you would if you were training. You can remove the red capsule (stims) on off days, or if you train at night.
Exercise good judgment and keep this out of reach of children.
- Competitive Strength & Power Athletes
- Those Looking to Improve Gym Performance
- Athletes Looking to Prolong Pump
- Off-Season Bodybuilders Looking to Add Mass & Strength
- Creatine Non-Responders
- Those Who Hate the Creatine “Bloat”
Built on the proven foundation of creatine, Animal Pump is no passing fancy. It's a no BS, high octane performance supplement engineered to help you blast through plateaus and preconceived limitations. In addition to a full daily dose of creatine in the form of an advanced matrix (including patented MCC, CEE and TCM), you also get:
- A fusion of a swelling NO Blast Complex
- A shocking Energy Rush Complex
- An immune-support antioxidant blend
- And potent cell volumizers
...all brought together in a special nutrient transport complex. From top to bottom, Animal Pump is a complete and comprehensive pre-workout supplement.
The Holy Grail of Bodybuilding
The pump... It is the holy grail of bodybuilding. It is that most addictive of sensations that keeps gym rats hooked for life. It is euphoric and invigorating, an intense swelling of the muscle caused by a training-induced cascade of blood… It is a rebirth experienced on each worthwhile trip to the gym. The pump is instant gratification… An automatic reward for all of the blood, sweat and tears you spill on the gym floor. The pump is instantaneous growth… It is the immediate invigoration of dormant muscle fibers.
There are days, however, where no matter what you do, the pump is seemingly unattainable… Set after wasted set, you toil in vain. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. You yearn to be pumped and swole and instead you are beaten and weary. On other days, the pump is fleeting. As quickly as it arrives, it is gone… Leaving both your ego and your muscle bellies deflated. The disappointment in your inability to achieve and sustain the cherished pump is not merely due to the pleasure of a superficial physical response, but in the fact that an opportunity for new growth has been squandered.
The pump is essential in the promotion of new muscle growth. With each pump-inducing rep, nutrient rich fluid and blood fills the working cells, engorging the muscle. This occurrence kick starts the anabolic process. The muscle cell walls are stretched and strained and practically bursting with fluid, this is called cell volumization. Assuming you are eating and supplementing properly, this fluid should be chock full of the kind of nourishing elements specifically designed to help you do the one thing you came here to do… Grow. This is where Animal Pump kicks down the door and goes to work.
Up the Volume
Now you know why you need the pump - that feeling of having your muscles fully engorged with blood is what drives a bodybuilder. Once the pump is there, fueling the muscles with the right nutrients is where optimal gains can be reached. Animal Pump is this fuel. Getting the right blend of nutrients is essential. Animal Pump has it all, from it's synergistic cutting edge creatine blend, NO Blast Complex, proprietary energy and concentration mix, down to it's cell protective antioxidant complex and specialized transport blend which shuttles the Pump to your starving muscles.*
From a strength and muscle cell volumizing point of view, it gets no better than Animal Pump, because Pump is packed with a new school matrix of creatines - a full, daily dose. Bodybuilders have used creatine for a decade now with good results and over the years, science has brought more and more advanced forms of creatine to the fore. Creatine is a core, basic bodybuilding supplement and as such, Pump is a welcome addition to the Animal line.
Foundational Creatine Matrix
When you perform a heavy set, intracellular ATP levels decrease. Creatine helps restore these ATP levels. But not just any old creatine will do the job; Animal Pump includes only the best. Taking creatine supplementation to the next level, Animal Pump combines Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC), a patented form of creatine, with the newest sensation Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE) and proven Tri-Creatine Matrix (TCM) to deliver maximum benefits. This blend combats the creatine absorption issues and bloating of yesteryear, ensuring your creatine reaches your growing muscles and not the toilet bowl. Pump ensures that the ergogenic effects of creatine are maximized, eliminating any unwanted side effects and making the creatine non-responder of yesteryear an extinct species.*
NO Blast Complex
During an intense workout, one of the limiting factors of your muscular power and endurance is oxygen and the availability of oxygen-rich nutrients to muscle tissue. Our NO Blast Complex is a blend of compounds designed to combat this problem. Arginine AKG, Citrulline Malate and L-norvaline are combined to maximize nitric oxide release. From a bodybuilding point of view, this means incredible muscular pumps and a greater ability to funnel clean oxygen and nutrient-rich blood into your muscles. This results in optimal muscular fullness and cellular nutrient uptake and translates into what all bodybuilders crave-greater size gains.*
Energy Rush Complex
Even if you are strong and pumped, how can you possibly tear the gym apart if you're energy deprived and lacking mental concentration? Daily life is filled with constant roadblocks that try to throw you off in the iron game. So when it comes to energy, Animal Pump has got your back. Animal Pump's Energy Rush Complex combines powerful methylxanthines along with evodiamine and vinpocentine to give you that energy boost that gets you fired up for training and the focus and mental acuity so vital to establishing the mind-muscle connection. These powerful substances reach deep into the muscle cell to provide long-lasting energy and power, thus delaying the onset of muscle fatigue. That performance and focus edge can be the difference between the physique of a weekend warrior and a top competitor.*
We ain't done yet, bro… Animal Pump incorporates a comprehensive antioxidant blend designed to protect your cells from the heavy onslaught of hardcore lifting. Heavy lifting leaves behind free radicals, which are damaging if left alone. Free radical production is also increased with enhanced nitric oxide release. We included the best antioxidants to make sure these free radicals are cleaned out leaving your immune system strong.
Pump Transport Complex
Last but certainly not least, a supreme nutrient transport complex, a blend of metabolic boosters and absorption enhancers, ties the Animal Pump formula together. This complex efficiently and quickly draws all of these critical nutrients to your muscles without added unnecessary carbohydrates.*
With Animal Pump no carbs are needed for maximum effects. Animal Pump's innovative metabolic boosters can significantly enhance the pump, decrease lactic acid build up and rapidly saturate the muscle with cutting edge creatines and essential nutrients for growth. This is further amplified by specialized absorption enhancers, which ensure that Animal Pump's complexes are fully absorbed and transported to the muscles where they will be fully utilized.*
The pump is an integral component to new muscle growth. It is literally the “lifeblood” of your bodybuilding pursuits, giving meaning to monotonous training sessions and giving nourishment to your depleted muscle cells. Without the pump, you're going nowhere… Harness its power and the sky's the limit. If you wanna blow up, with seam-tearing, stretch-marking mass and personal record breaking strength, Animal Pump is your holy grail. It's the pump, in a pack.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I take Animal Pump every day?
Absolutely. Animal Pump is one of our "foundational supplements" - one that we believe should be a core, basic supplement taken every day.
I train at night sometimes and I don't want the stimulants. Can I take it out?
Yup. It's the red pill. Just remove that one and you're good to go. Don't worry--by removing this one pill, you're not going to water down the overall effectiveness of Animal Pump.
How much caffeine is in Animal Pump?
Animal Pump has as much caffeine as roughly two strong cups of coffee.
Is 3 grams of the advanced creatine matrix in Animal Pump enough for a full daily dose?
Absolutely. Early on in creatine's history, people were recommending 5 grams or more as a daily dose. Since that time, research has come out proving you don't need that much. For good old creatine monohydrate, as little as 2-3 grams a day will do ya just fine. And if 2 grams of plain mono is good enough, then you can bet 3 grams of the most cutting-edge, patented creatines are gonna be plenty.
What are the three forms of creatine and how did you arrive at them?
We chose CEE, TCM and patented MCC. Based on the research that's currently out there and confirmed by actual real-world testing, we determined the final daily dose (3g) and the specific ratios between the three. Long story short, with Animal Pump, you don't need any supplemental creatine. The fact that CEE is in a capsule is a plus, as it tastes like ass.
How long will it take for me to see results with Animal Pump?
You'll see and feel results within the first can. We guarantee it. Great thing about Animal Pump is that it's great for creatine non-responders, thanks to the unique blend.*
Can I take Animal Pump along with a meal?
For best absorption avoid taking Animal Pump with food. Always wait 10-15 minutes after taking Pump before consuming any food.
Can the Pump be used while cutting or is it strictly for bulking?
Both, Pump will help you to maintain your strength during a cutting period, a time when you often lose strength. While bulking, the Pump will help you to add both muscle mass and strength.*
What's the difference between Animal Pump and other popular creatine/NO supplements such as Universal's Shock Therapy and Storm?
You can compare Animal Pump with the Shock Therapy/Storm combo in terms of ingredients and formula. The basic differences are that Pump is in pills, while both Shock Therapy and Storm are powdered drink mixes. Ultimately, it comes down to preference-pills or drinks. One other thing-if you're looking for energy first and foremost, Shock Therapy is still the way to go.
Should I use additional NO boosters when taking Animal Pump?
It would more than likely be an unnecessary precaution. Were you to use additional arginine, limit it to one serving either earlier in the day or postworkout.
Will consuming a protein shake within close proximity to Pump negate its effects?
The amino acids in a protein shake will not compete for absorption with the ingredients in Pump. If you are drinking a preworkout protein shake, simply take your pack of Pump 10 to 15 minutes later.
I've heard that creatine has a bloating effect. Should I worry about this with Animal Pump?
No. Animal Pump uses the latest creatines designed for efficient absorption and only intracellular cell volumization. With Animal Pump, you don't have to worry about the dreaded "creatine bloat".
NO products have been purported to promote free radical release. Is this a concern with Animal Pump?
No because we've planned ahead. Animal Pump has included a potent and comprehensive antioxidant blend to combat the harmful effects of free radical release, to bolster immunity and improve general health.*
Can Animal Pump be stacked with other Animal Supplements?
Yes. It can be stacked with any of the other Animal Supplements. All of the packs are meant to be stacked. Just avoid taking the Cuts and the M-Stak at the same time as Pump, as these products all contain caffeine. You should separate these servings by 3-4 hours to ensure optimal absorption.
- Brilla LR, Giroux MS, Taylor A, Knutzen KM. Magnesium-creatine supplementation effects on body water. Metabolism. 2003 Sep;52(9):1136-40.
- Selsby JT, DiSilvestro RA, Devor ST. Mg2+-creatine chelate and a low-dose creatine supplementation regimen improve exercise performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2004 May;18(2):311-5.
- Casey A, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Howell S, Hultman E, Greenhaff PL. Creatine ingestion favorably affects performance and muscle metabolism during maximal exercise in humans. Am J Physiol. 1996 Jul;271(1 Pt 1):E31-7.
- Casey A, Greenhaff PL. Does dietary creatine supplementation play a role in skeletal muscle metabolism and performance? Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Aug;72(2 Suppl):607S-17S. Review.
- Greenhaff PL, Casey A, Short AH, Harris R, Soderlund K, Hultman E. Influence of oral creatine supplementation of muscle torque during repeated bouts of maximal voluntary exercise in man. Clin Sci (Lond). 1993 May;84(5):565-71.
- Kutz MR, Gunter MJ. Creatine monohydrate supplementation on body weight and percent body fat. J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Nov;17(4):817-21.
- Rico-Sanz J, Mendez Marco MT. Creatine enhances oxygen uptake and performance during alternating intensity exercise. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Feb;32(2):379-85.
- Steenge GR, Lambourne J, Casey A, Macdonald IA, Greenhaff PL. Stimulatory effect of insulin on creatine accumulation in human skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol. 1998 Dec;275(6 Pt 1):E974-9.
- Escobales N, Rivera-Correa M, Altieri PI, Rodriguez JF. Relationship between NO synthesis, arginine transport, and intracellular arginine levels in vascular smooth muscle cells. Amino Acids. 2000;19(2):451-68.
- Kohli R, Meininger CJ, Haynes TE, Yan W, Self JT, Wu G. Dietary L-arginine supplementation enhances endothelial nitric oxide synthesis in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Nutr. 2004 Mar;134(3):600-8.
- Maxwell AJ, Ho HV, Le CQ, Lin PS, Bernstein D, Cooke JP. L-arginine enhances aerobic exercise capacity in association with augmented nitric oxide production. J Appl Physiol. 2001 Mar;90(3):933-8.
- Schaefer A, Piquard F, Geny B, Doutreleau S, Lampert E, Mettauer B, Lonsdorfer J. L-arginine reduces exercise-induced increase in plasma lactate and ammonia. Int J Sports Med. 2002 Aug;23(6):403-7.
- Paddon-Jones D, Borsheim E, Wolfe RR. Potential ergogenic effects of arginine and creatine supplementation. J Nutr. 2004 Oct;134(10 Suppl):2888S-2894S; discussion 2895S. Review.
- Meneguello MO, Mendonca JR, Lancha AH Jr, Costa Rosa LF. Effect of arginine, ornithine and citrulline supplementation upon performance and metabolism of trained rats. Cell Biochem Funct. 2003 Mar;21(1):85-91.
- Bucci LR, Hickson JF Jr, Wolinsky I, Pivarnik JM. Ornithine supplementation and insulin release in bodybuilders. Int J Sport Nutr. 1992 Sep;2(3):287-91.
- Bendahan D, Mattei JP, Ghattas B, Confort-Gouny S, Le Guern ME, Cozzone PJ. Citrulline/malate promotes aerobic energy production in human exercising muscle. Br J Sports Med. 2002 Aug;36(4):282-9.
- Callis A, Magnan de Bornier B, Serrano JJ, Bellet H, Saumade R. Activity of citrulline malate on acid-base balance and blood ammonia and amino acid levels. Study in the animal and in man. Arzneimittelforschung. 1991 Jun;41(6):660-3.
- Goubel F, Vanhoutte C, Allaf O, Verleye M, Gillardin JM. Citrulline malate limits increase in muscle fatigue induced by bacterial endotoxins. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 1997 Mar;75(3):205-7.
- Chan WK, Decker EA, Chow CK, Boissonneault GA. Effect of dietary carnosine on plasma and tissue antioxidant concentrations and on lipid oxidation in rat skeletal muscle. Lipids. 1994 Jul;29(7):461-6.
- Mozdzan M, Szemraj J, Rysz J, Nowak D. Antioxidant properties of carnosine re-evaluated with oxidizing systems involving iron and copper ions. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2005 May;96(5):352-60.
- Reddy VP, Garrett MR, Perry G, Smith MA. Carnosine: a versatile antioxidant and antiglycating agent. Sci Aging Knowledge Environ. 2005 May 4;2005(18):pe12.
- Nikolic J, Bjelakovic G, Stojanovic I. Effect of caffeine on metabolism of L-arginine in the brain. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003 Feb;244(1-2):125-8.
- Greer F, Friars D, Graham TE. Comparison of caffeine and theophylline ingestion: exercise metabolism and endurance. J Appl Physiol. 2000 Nov;89(5):1837-44.
- Kobayashi Y, Nakano Y, Kizaki M, Hoshikuma K, Yokoo Y, Kamiya T. Capsaicin-like anti-obese activities of evodiamine from fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa, a vanilloid receptor agonist. Planta Med. 2001 Oct;67(7):628-33.
- McDaniel MA, Maier SF, Einstein GO. "Brain-specific" nutrients: a memory cure? Nutrition. 2003 Nov-Dec;19(11-12):957-75. Review.
- Imai K, Nakachi K. Cross sectional study of effects of drinking green tea on cardiovascular and liver diseases. BMJ. 1995 Mar 18;310(6981):693-6.
- Burke DG, Chilibeck PD, Parise G, Tarnopolsky MA, Candow DG. Effect of alpha-lipoic acid combined with creatine monohydrate on human skeletal muscle creatine and phosphagen concentration. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2003 Sep;13(3):294-302.
- Cakatay U, Kayali R, Sivas A, Tekeli F. Prooxidant activities of alpha-lipoic acid on oxidative protein damage in the aging rat heart muscle. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2005 May-Jun;40(3):231-40.
- Lee WJ, Song KH, Koh EH, Won JC, Kim HS, Park HS, Kim MS, Kim SW, Lee KU, Park JY. Alpha-Lipoic acid increases insulin sensitivity by activating AMPK in skeletal muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005 Jul 8;332(3):885-91.
- Jacob S, Henriksen EJ, Schiemann AL, Simon I, Clancy DE, Tritschler HJ, Jung WI, Augustin HJ, Dietze GJ. Enhancement of glucose disposal in patients with type 2 diabetes by alpha-lipoic acid. Arzneimittelforschung. 1995 Aug;45(8):872-4.
- Vinson JA, Proch J, Bose P. MegaNatural((R)) Gold Grapeseed Extract: In Vitro Antioxidant and In Vivo Human Supplementation Studies. J Med Food. 2001 Spring;4(1):17-26.
- Sugisawa A, Inoue S, Umegaki K. Grape seed extract prevents H(2)O(2)-induced chromosomal damage in human lymphoblastoid cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2004 Sep;27(9):1459-61.
- Shi J, Yu J, Pohorly JE, Kakuda Y. Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food. 2003 Winter;6(4):291-9. Review.
- Jayaprakasha GK, Ohnishi-Kameyama M, Ono H, Yoshida M, Jaganmohan Rao L. Phenolic constituents in the fruits of Cinnamomum zeylanicum and their antioxidant activity. J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Mar 8;54(5):1672-9.
- Qin B, Nagasaki M, Ren M, Bajotto G, Oshida Y, Sato Y. Cinnamon extract prevents the insulin resistance induced by a high-fructose diet. Horm Metab Res. 2004 Feb;36(2):119-25.
- Qin B, Nagasaki M, Ren M, Bajotto G, Oshida Y, Sato Y. Cinnamon extract (traditional herb) potentiates in vivo insulin-regulated glucose utilization via enhancing insulin signaling in rats. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2003 Dec;62(3):139-48.
- Masuda Y, Kikuzaki H, Hisamoto M, Nakatani N. Antioxidant properties of gingerol related compounds from ginger. Biofactors. 2004;21(1-4):293-6.
- Yamahara J, Huang QR, Li YH, Xu L, Fujimura H. Gastrointestinal motility enhancing effect of ginger and its active constituents. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 1990 Feb;38(2):430-1.
- Broca C, Breil V, Cruciani-Guglielmacci C, Manteghetti M, Rouault C, Derouet M, Rizkalla S, Pau B, Petit P, Ribes G, Ktorza A, Gross R, Reach G, Taouis M. Insulinotropic agent ID-1101 (4-hydroxyisoleucine) activates insulin signaling in rat. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Sep;287(3):E463-71. Epub 2004 Apr 13.
- Broca C, Gross R, Petit P, Sauvaire Y, Manteghetti M, Tournier M, Masiello P, Gomis R, Ribes G. 4-Hydroxyisoleucine: experimental evidence of its insulinotropic and antidiabetic properties. Am J Physiol. 1999 Oct;277(4 Pt 1):E617-23.
- Sauvaire Y, Petit P, Broca C, Manteghetti M, Baissac Y, Fernandez-Alvarez J, Gross R, Roye M, Leconte A, Gomis R, Ribes G. 4-Hydroxyisoleucine: a novel amino acid potentiator of insulin secretion. Diabetes. 1998 Feb;47(2):206-10.
- Chun H, Shin DH, Hong BS, Cho WD, Cho HY, Yang HC. Biochemical properties of polysaccharides from black pepper. Biol Pharm Bull. 2002 Sep;25(9):1203-8.
- Khajuria A, Thusu N, Zutshi U. Piperine modulates permeability characteristics of intestine by inducing alterations in membrane dynamics: influence on brush border membrane fluidity, ultrastructure and enzyme kinetics. Phytomedicine. 2002 Apr;9(3):224-31.
Animal Pump Reviews
Animal Pump Review Summary
Goal: Build Muscle
Goal: Build Muscle
i have tried this product before, well you don't feel the kick as other pre workout do! but it will give you good energy at the gym, one thing i didn't like about this product it gave me headache! but may be it will work for you! give it a try.
Goal: Build Muscle
It is a great work out supp to use. I just started using it.
It contains 9 capsules/pills per work out. WAY TOO MANY!
Goal: Build Muscle
The first days I had this product, I was pleased as it made me able to train for longer, and as a personal experience, it exceeded that of NO-Xplode by many levels, in such a way that I didn't have that energy crash, and the pumps were great. Also, the stim (caffeine) in the red capsule can be removed if I wanted to train at night, which is definitely a good thing. My only downfall on this product is that it doesn't have the kick either MHP Dark Rage or NO-Xplode (pumps products) provided.
In short, this product does the job of improving your energy in gym and make you train for longer, but doesn't have the kick of energy feeling once you take it.
Goal: Build Muscle
This is hands down the best pre-workout on the market in my opinion. I have tried almost every pre-workout there is. All the major ones and even a few that you have probably never heard of. This is the only one I always come back to time after time. I get the best results of any supplement I have taken with Animal Pump. It gets you going and you can't wait to get in the gym and get to work. The best part about animal pump is that you don't have the energy fall off like you get with alot of other supplements. I lift hard in the mornings for almost 2 hours before I go to work and I always notice how I feel at work throughout the day. With alot of the other more popular poweders when I am half way through work I feel drained, tired, and really don't want to do anything else. With Animal Pump I feel great throughout the rest of the day and never really crash. I don't know what it is, but it just feels like a more focused harder workout than other pre-workouts. I recommend this to everyone who comes to me for advice with lifting.
Goal: Build Muscle
I use to take creatine monohydrate and had to deal with water retention and also used l-arginine and that would sometimes gime me a bad crash after my intense workout. I've been using Animal Pump for about 2 months now. I really feel it working when I'm doing trisets (30 reps) and I feel a good boost during my workouts. This is a great supplement if you're looking to replace your current creatine and want a mild boost during your workouts. But if what you're looking for is a higher release of energy try Animal Nitro or Animal Cuts, depending what you're workout goals are.
Remember, nothing will replace the great nutrition of an excellent diet.
Goal: Build Muscle
Gave this a try awhile back and it wasnt to much to it, not really any pump other than the usual