- 6 chicken breasts cut in half
- 350g/12oz natural non-fat or low-fat yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 7.5 cm/3 inch piece cucumber
- Lime wedges and salad greens to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 375°f (350°f fan oven). Put the chicken in a shallow dish in one layer. Blend a third of the yogurt, the curry paste and three tablespoons of the cilantro. Season well with salt and pour over the chicken, turning the pieces until they are evenly coated. Leave for at least 10 minutes, or in the fridge overnight.
2. Lift the chicken on to a rack in a roasting tin and roast for 35-40 minutes, until golden. (To cook the chicken on the barbecue, reduce the cooking time to 25-30 minutes.)
3. Blend together the remaining yogurt and cilantro. Finely chop the cucumber and stir into the yogurt mixture. Season. Serve with the chicken and garnish with wedges of lime and salad greens.
[Recipe adapted from original recipe found in BBC Books Good Food series: 101 Low-fat feasts]