- The wood chop is a great exercise for hitting the abs and obliques. Attach the single grip attachment to a high pulley machine and select the weight you want to use.
- Start with your feet wider than shoulder width and your toes slightly pointed outwards.
- Grab the handle with both hands just above your shoulder.
- Rotate your body downwards towards your opposite knee.
- Make sure that you keep your arms straight and rotate through the mid section.
- Slowly lower weight back to starting position.
- Repeat for the opposite side of the body.
Wood Chop Tips:
- Make sure you only rotate through the mid section, don't twist at the knees and shoulders.
- Keep your arms straight throughout the movement.
- Keep your mid section tense throughout the set.