- The wide grip barbell curl is a good exercise for training the inner part of the biceps. Grasp a barbell with your hands at a wider than shoulder width, using an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Your feet should be firmly on the floor, about should width apart. If you prefer, you can place one foot back. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your body fixed (do not swing!), slowly curl the weight up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Barbell Curl Tips:
- Do not swing the weight up by arching your back. This is cheating! Your body must remain fixed throughout the movement.
- Keep your elbows in at the side and do not allow them to come forward when curling the weight up. Focus on keeping all movement in your forearms.