- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Wide Grip Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the wide grip cable curl by attaching a straight bar to the low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your legs shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up), and hands wider than shoulder width apart.
- Keeping your elbows tucked in by your sides, slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to starting position.
- Do not pause, and go straight into the next rep!
- Keep your elbows locked in at your side during the set and focus on only allowing your forearms to move.
- Don't lean or swing back as you curl the weight up.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight, especially when lowering.