- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Twisting Hanging Knee Raise Instructions
- The twisting hanging knee raise hits the lower abs and obliques. You can hang off literally anything that will hold your weight for this exercise. Most people will hang from a pull up bar. Hang off the with a slightly wider than shoulder width grip.
- Once you're hanging with your feet slightly off the floor, pull your knees up and across to the left side of your body.
- Pause, then slowly lower them back down.
- Now raise your knees up and across to the right hand side of your body.
- Lower back to start position. This is one rep.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Hold at the top of the movement (with your knees up) to increase the intensity of the twisting knee raise.
- Advanced athletes can add weight by holding a dumbbell between the feet.