- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredExercise Ball
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Exercise Ball Crunch Instructions
- The exercise ball crunch is a great all round ab exercise. Lower back support makes it ideal for those with lower back problems/injuries. Sit on the exercise ball with your feet flat on the floor wider than shoulder with apart.
- Step forward with your feet allowing the exercise ball to roll back to your lower back.
- Touch the side of your head with the tips of your fingers. This is the start position.
- Crunching your abs, pull your torso up so your elbows are aiming for your knees.
- Squeeze the abs tight and pause.
- Then lower back to the start position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- The longer you hold the crunch the harder your ab muscles have to work.
- Increase the effectiveness of this exercise by holding the crunch for a slow count of 2.