- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredExercise Ball
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Exercise Ball Cable Fly Overview
- Set up for the exercise ball cable fly by placing an exercise ball between the cables, attaching single grip handles to the low pulley on each cable, and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Grasp each handle with palms facing up and lay back on the exercise ball. The ball should be under your middle-back and your knees bent with your feet flat on the floor for stability. Keep your core tight to help with stability while balancing on the ball.
- Bending at the elbows slightly, take the tension up by raining the weight stacks. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Rotating at your shoulders only and moving your hands in a semi-circle, pull the weight up until your hands' touch.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Exercise Ball Cable Fly Instructions
- This is an isolation exercise and the focus should be on stretch and contraction, not on heavier weights.
- Rotate only at the shoulders, and keep your elbows fixed throughout the movement.
- Take full advantage of this exercise by tightening your core throughout. This will help with stability and give your abdominal area a good workout.