- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredEZ Bar
- Force TypePush (Bilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Standing Overhead EZ Bar Tricep Extension Overview
The standing overhead EZ bar tricep extension is an exercise used to build bigger triceps. Since it is performed standing, it also indirectly targets the muscles of the core as well.
Standing overhead EZ bar tricep extensions are a great tricep exercise for those looking to add size to their arms. The overhead nature of the exercise provides a great range of motion and stretch on the tricep.
The EZ bar used to perform the overhead EZ bar tricep extension also provides an option for the overhead press motion to those who experience wrist pain.
Standing Overhead EZ Bar Tricep Extension Instructions
- Select the desired weight from the rack and stand in an open area.
- To get into position, reverse curl the bar to your chest and then press it straight overhead by locking out the triceps.
- Lower the weights towards your shoulders by unlocking the elbows and allowing the ez bar to drop behind your head.
- Once your forearms reach parallel or just below, reverse the movement by extending the elbows while flexing the triceps to lockout the weight.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Standing Overhead EZ Bar Tricep Extension Tips
- Don’t overextend through the lumbar spine, keep your ribcage down by maintaining tension through the abs and glutes.
- Using a slow eccentric (lowering portion) of the exercise can help to improve tension and mind muscle connection.
- Keep the head in a fairly neutral position, don’t allow the neck to jut forward as this may place excessive pressure on the cervical spine.