- The standing oblique cable crunch hits the abs and obliques. Set up the high pulley cable machine by attaching a grip attachment and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Grasp the handle with your left hand and face your body at a right angle to the cable pulley with your feet firmly on the floor and shoulder width apart.
- Your forearm should be at a right angle to your upper arm.
- Pull down with your left oblique as far as possible.
- Pause, then lower the weight back down.
- Don't let the weight drop to the stack at any time throughout the exercise.
- Repeat this movement for the desired number of reps and then switch to your other side.
- Keep your back straight and eyes looking forward at all times.
- Keep the arm that's holding the cable fixed at all times.
- Pause for 2+ seconds at the mid point of the exercise for added intensity.