- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Standing High Pulley Cable Curl Instructions
- For the standing high pulley cable curl you'll need a cable machine with two high pulley cable attachments. Set up by attaching a single grip handle to each of the high pulley cables and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Grip each of the cables with an underhand grip (palms facing up) and stand in the center with your arms outstretched. This is the starting position.
- Keeping your upper arms and body fixed, curl the handles in towards your body as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- It's very important that you keep your body and elbows fixed in place throughout the set. Do not move your elbows! Focus on only allowing your forearms to move.
- This is an isolation exercises, so your focus should be on muscle contraction and stretch - not on the weight.
what is a good alternative for high cable cross curls [no cable].