- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredMachine
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Standing Glute Kickback Instructions
- Set up for the standing glute kickback by adjusting the height of the leg padding on the machine and setting the appropriate weight on the stack.
- Raise your left leg and secure the padding under you left knee.
- Hold onto the bar and stand with a slight bend in your left knee. Keep your back straight and head up. This is the starting position.
- Slowly push your left leg behind you by extending your leg as far back as comfortably possible.
- Pause for a moment and then slowly raise your knee back out in front of you until you reach the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps and then repeat using your right leg.
- Perform this exercise in a slow and controlled fashion while squeezing your glutes.
- Use a weight that allows you to move the weight without jerking. Keep your body as still as possible, moving only at the hip and knee joint of the working leg.
- To add intensity, pause for a few seconds and squeeze your glutes when your leg is fully extended.