Standing Cable Hamstring Curl Instructions
- Set up for the standing cable hamstring curl by attaching an ankle strap to the low pulley of a cable machine and setting the weight on the stack.
- Position a block or a step in front of the machine to stand on for a better range of motion.
- Attach the strap to your left ankle and stand on the on the block with your right foot, allowing your left foot to hang off to the side.
- Stand with a slight bend in your knee and grab onto the machine with both hands for stability. This is the starting position.
- Bending at the knee, slowly lift your left ankle up behind you toward your buttocks.
- Raise your foot as high as comfortably possible and pause for a moment squeezing your hamstrings.
- Slowly lower the weight to the starting position and repeat for desired reps.
- Repeat using your right leg.
- Keep you body as still as possible throughout the movement, moving only at the knee joint of the working leg. Choose a weight that allows you to complete the movement without jerking.
- Control the weight as you raise and lower it. Don't allow the weight to drop to the stack.
- Squeeze your hamstrings and pause at the top of the movement for added intensity.