- Set up for the smith machine bicep curl by adding the weight you want to the smith machine, removing the stops if they're in place and setting the bar to around waist height.
- Stand in front of the bar and grasp it with an underhand girl (palms facing up) with your hands around shoulder with apart.
- Take the bar off the supports.
- Keeping your body straight and elbows in at your sides, slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep your body fixed and elbows in at your sides throughout the movement.
- Do not "rest" at the top or bottom of the exercise.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight during the set.