Seated Low Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by placing a 90 degree bench in front of a cable pulley machine facing away from it, attaching a straight bar to the low pulley and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Facing away from the pulley, grab the bar behind your neck with a overhand grip at shoulder width and sit down with your back flat against the bench. This will lift the weight slightly from the stack.
- Keep your feet flat on the ground. Your forearms arms should be parallel to the floor at this point and your elbows should be pointed at the ceiling. You should be grasping the bar behind your head with your palms facing upward. You are now in the starting position.
- Moving only at your elbow joints slowly push the bar straight up until your arms are fully extended.
- Keep your upper arms stationary, pause and then slowly bring the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your head up and look straight ahead throughout the movement.