Seated Leg Curl Overview
Seated Leg Curl Instructions
- Select the desired weight, then adjust the pad so it rests comfortably above the back of the heels.
- Tense up the hamstrings by taking the weight slightly off the stack. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Take a deep breath, squeeze the hamstrings, and curl the weight up as far as possible while keeping the spine neutral.
- Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Seated Leg Curl Tips
- To keep tension on the hamstrings, keep the knees just shy of lockout.
- Don’t allow the back to arch, keep your hips pressed into the pad.
- Keep your low back flat against the pad throughout the movement.
- Ensure the head does not jut forward excessively.
- Don’t allow momentum to dictate the tempo of the exercise, control the movement throughout the entire range of motion.