- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Seated Barbell Overhead Front Raise Instructions
- Grasp a barbell or an EZ bar with a pronated grip (palms facing down) and position your hands around shoulder width apart.
- Sit down on the end of a bench and let the barbell rest on your thighs. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Slowly raise the bar until it is almost straight above your head. You can keep a slight bend in your elbows.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Seated Barbell Overhead Front Raise Tips
- This is an isolation exercise so it's important to focus on a strict technique to isolate the front deltoids.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and lower the weight slowly.
- Keep your core tight and your back straight. Don't swing to assist in moving the weight up.