- Select your desired weight and sit on an upright bench.
- To get into position, reverse curl the bar to your chest and then press it straight overhead by locking out the triceps.
- Lower the weights towards your shoulders by unlocking the elbows and allowing the ez bar to drop behind your head.
- Once your forearms reach parallel or just below, reverse the movement by extending the elbows while flexing the triceps to lockout the weight.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Don’t overextend through the lumbar spine as you lower the weight, keep some tension through the abdominals.
- Exhale as you extend the elbows and lockout the weight overhead.
- Keep the head in a fairly neutral position, focus on a spot on the floor and complete all of the assigned repetitions.
- If you experience elbow pain during the movement, consider implementing a slight angle (incline or decline) or adjust elbow position (in versus out).
- You may slightly reduce tension through the ligamentous portions of the triceps during the movement by keeping the bar just above your head and not locking out directly over your line of sight.