- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Seated Dumbbell Side Bends Instructions
- This exercise works the obliques. Grasp a set of dumbbells.
- Sit down on a the end of a flat bench with one dumbbell in each hand, palms facing in and hanging by your side.
- Keep your feet firmly on the floor with a shoulder width stance.
- Keeping your back straight and your eyes facing forwards, bend down to the right as far as you can, then back up again.
- Without pausing at the top, bend down to the left.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Always keep your back straight, eyes facing forwards, and bend at the torso only.
- Concentrate on the stretch and contraction of the oblique muscles (down the side of your body).
- Keep the dumbbells close to your body.