Seated Dumbbell Front Raise Instructions
- Choose a pair of dumbbells and sit on the end of a bench with a straight back and feet close together.
- Hold the dumbbells at your sides with your arms extended using an Overhand grip (palms facing the behind you). This is the starting position.
- Begin by raising your arms out in front of you until your arms are just above parallel to the floor. Keep a slight bend in your elbows.
- Pause for a brief moment at the top of the movement, and slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulders. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.
- Use slow and controlled movement - avoid "swinging" the weights up and dropping them quickly.