- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Seated Cable Crunch Instructions
- Place a flat bench in front of a high cable pulley machine.
- Attach the rope attachment to the high cable and set the appropriate weight to be used.
- Stand up, facing away from the cable machine and grasp the rope from behind your head with palms facing inwards.
- Now step down and sit on the bench with your feet and knees together.
- Keeping the cable at head height or shoulder height, crunch bringing your head down towards your upper thighs.
- Pause, and slowly extend back to the start position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Crunch Tips:
- Don't pivot at the hips. Crunch in and bring your head down towards your upper thighs.
- Do the movement slowly and pause at the bottom of the exercise squeezing the abs for extra intensity.