Russian Twist Instructions
- Set up for the Russian Twist by getting a mat and laying down on your back.
- Pull your knees up so that your calves are at a right angle to your thighs.
- Put one hand over the other, palms facing your feet and point towards the ceiling.
- To begin the set, raise your shoulder blades off the mat.
- Twisting at your torso, roll your hands over to the left and back to the right.
- Lower your shoulder blades back down to the mat.
- Repeat the whole movement for the required reps.
- The higher you lift your shoulder blades off the mat, the harder the exercise becomes.
- For an advanced alternative to the Russian Twist, hold a dumbbell in your hands.