- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Cable Preacher Curl (Rope Extension) Instructions
- Set up for the cable preacher curl with rope extension by grabbing a preacher bench and placing it in front of a low pulley cable machine. There should be about a 1-2 ft gap.
- Attach a rope extension to the low pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the bench with your upper arms on the pads and grasp the bar with a neutral grip (thumbs facing your body) about shoulder width apart.
- Bend the arms slightly to take tension into the biceps. This is the starting position.
- Slowly curl the bar up as far as possible, squeeze the biceps at the top, and slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Cable Preacher Curl (Rope Extension) Tips
- Don't touch the ends of the rope together as you curl it up. Try to separate them even further as you lift the weight. This makes the exercise more challenging.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.