- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Rope Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the rope cable curl by attaching a rope extension to the low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your legs shoulder width apart.
- Grasp the rope extension with a neutral grip (thumbs facing the body).
- Keeping your elbows tucked in by your sides, slowly curl the rope up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to starting position.
- Do not pause, and go straight into the next rep!
- For the best results and to make the exercise more challenging don't let the ends of the rope touch during the set. In fact, try separating the rope even further as you raise the weight.
- Keep your elbows tucked in at your sides and don't allow them to come forward as you curl the weight up.
- Don't lean back or "swing" as you curl the weight up.