- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeWarmup
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypeDynamic Stretching
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Adductors, Hamstrings, Upper Back
Rollover Into V-Sits Overview
The rollovers into V-sits drill is a form of dynamic stretching that warms up nearly every muscle group in the body.
Dynamic stretching is critical prior to performing your workouts as it allows you to activate your central nervous system and engage the muscle groups you’ll use later in your workout. Incorporating them into your warm up routine will help you get better results and avoid injury.
Rollover Into V-Sits Instructions
- In a seated position, roll backwards while tucking your chin and allow your legs to travel over your head with your arms outstretched to the sides.
- Once your toes touch the floor (if possible), roll forward and spread your legs into a straddle position.
- Reach forward as you roll forward and get a dynamic stretch through hamstrings and spinal erectors.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Rollover Into V-Sits Tips
- Focus on keeping your spine tall in the bottom position and don’t allow the weight to pull you forward.
- Ideally you should be able to sit comfortably in the bottom position and open up the hips and ankles as you rock side to side.