- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Reverse One-Arm Cable Tricep Extension Instructions
- Set up for the reverse one-arm tricep extension by attaching a single grip handle to a high pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Stand facing the machine and grasp the handle with an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Pull your elbow down and keep it tucked in at your side. You can use your free arm for support.
- Keeping your body fixed, slowly extend the arm as far as possible.
- Pause and squeeze the tricep. Then slowly lower the weight.
- Repeat this motion for desired reps, and then repeat for the right arm.
Reverse One-Arm Cable Tricep Extension Tips
- Your elbow must remain fixed during the set. Keep your upper arm as still as possible, only allowing your forearm to move.
- Squeeze the tricep hard at the top of the exercise to get that extra pump!
- Keep the rep timing slow and controlled.