- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Prone Incline Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Set up for the prone incline dumbbell curl by setting an adjustable back bench to an angle of around 30-40 degrees.
- Grab a set of dumbbells and position yourself with your chest on the back of the bench (prone position).
- Your feet should be used for stability on the floor, your shoulders should be about level with the top of the back padding, and your arms should be hanging while holding the dumbbells with an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Put the tension on your biceps by slightly bending your arms. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows fixed, slowly curl the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps and slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Prone Incline Dumbbell Curl Tips
- Keep the tension on the biceps for the whole set by always keeping your arms slightly bent.
- Pause for a count of 1-2 at the top of the movement for added intensity.
- Focus on only allowing the forearms to move.