- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypeStatic
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Plank With Feet On Bench Instructions
- This is another version of the plank exercise. The difference being that your feet are elevated on a bench. This makes the exercise slightly more demanding. Set up for the exercise by placing a mat on the floor and setting a bench at right angles on one end.
- Put your feet on the bench, and rest your torso on your elbows.
- Straighten out your whole body to form a perfectly straight plank.
- Hold this position as long as possible. Rest for 1 min, then repeat.
- Keep your body dead straight at all times. Do not let your mid section sag!
- Add intensity by lifting one of your feet off the bench slightly.
Do not let your mid-section sag. Even better is to try to raise your butt so you are not dead straight. This forces the abs to work that much harder. If you are ready for a challenge, use an exercise ball instead of a bench.