- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One Leg Lying Cable Knee Raise Instructions
- To set up for a one leg lying cable knee raise, get a flat bench and place it length ways about 3 feet in front of a low pulley cable machine.
- Attach ankle straps to the pulley and set the desired weight.
- Face the cable machine and place the ankle strap around one of your ankles.
- Sit on the bench facing the cable machine with your buttocks at the end of the bench.
- Lay back on the bench, grasping the other end of the bench above your head for support.
- Pull the knee up slightly to take the weight off the stack. Slowly pull your knee up as high as you can.
- Pause, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
- Do not let the weight touch the stack at all during the set.
- Increase intensity by slowing the movement down and pausing for longer at the top of the exercise.