- Set up for the exercise by placing a bench in front of the cable machine, attaching a single handle to the low pulley of a pulley cable machine, and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit facing away from the pulley, grab the handle behind you with an overhand grip (palms facing out). This will lift the weight slightly from the stack.
- Sit as straight as possible. Your forearm should be parallel to the floor at this point and your elbow should be pointed at the ceiling.
- You should be grasping the attachment behind your head. You are now in the starting position.
- Moving only at your elbow joint slowly push the attachment straight up until your arm is fully extended.
- Pause, and then slowly bring the attachment back to the starting position. Repeat this movement for desired reps, before switching arms and repeating the steps above.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your head up and look straight ahead throughout the movement.