- Choose a dumbbell and sit on the end of a flat bench or a 90 degree back bench with the dumbbell resting on your thighs.
- Hold the dumbbell with a pronated grip (palm facing your feet) with your left hand and lift the dumbbell above your head until your arm is fully extended.
- You can brace your right arm by placing your right hand on your knee or across your stomach.
- Bending at the elbow only, slowly lower the dumbbell down behind the right side of your head your head until it is about level with your right ear.
- Pause and squeeze the tricep. Then raise the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Do not lock your elbow out and then repeat for desired reps.
- Repeat the motion with your right arm.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight throughout the set.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps and only moving your forearms. Keep the rest of your body as still as possible.