- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
One-Arm Seated Bent-Over Dumbbell Kickback Instructions
- Select the appropriate dumbbell and place it on the floor in front of a flat bench.
- Sit on the edge of the bench and pick the dumbbell up with your left hand using a neutral grip (palm facing inward).
- Get into the starting position by keeping your back straight and bending over at the waist. Your torso should almost be parallel to the floor.
- Tuck your upper arms close to your torso and bend at the elbows, forming a 90-degree angle with your upper arms and forearms. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the elbow, raise the dumbbell behind you until your left arm is fully extended.
- Pause, and then lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps and then repeat using your right arm.
One-Arm Seated Bent-Over Dumbbell Kickback Tips
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your head up and your eyes forward throughout the exercise.