- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
One-Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl Instructions
The one-arm dumbbell preacher curl is a good exercise for isolating the biceps and making them work independently.
- Adjust the height of the seat on the preacher bench so that when you sit on it, the back of your upper arms sit comfortably flat on the padding.
- Grab a dumbbell with your left hand and sit on the preacher bench.
- The back of your left arm should rest flat on the padding with your arm fully extended.
- Place your right forearm on the padding for support.
- Execute the exercise by slowly raising the dumbbell and squeezing the bicep at the top of the movement.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell until your arm is fully extended.
- Repeat for desired reps, and then repeat the same for the right arm.
One-Arm Dumbbell Preacher Curl Tips
- As a general rule, always hit the weakest arm first. In most cases, this is the left arm.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and control the weight on the way down.
- Focus on only moving your forearm.