- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying Rear Delt Barbell Raise Instructions
- Load a barbell with the desired weight and place it in front of a flat bench. Depending on the length of your arms, you may need to elevate the bench using blocks or steps.
- Lay down with your chest flat on the bench. Your feet can be straight out behind you or planted on the floor for stability.
- With your arms extended below you, hold the bar with an overhand grip around shoulder width apart. This is the starting position.
- Slowly raise the barbell to around shoulder height.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the barbell back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Lying Rear Delt Barbell Raise Tips
- Keep the rep timing slow, and lower the weight slowly.
- Aim to raise the barbell to around shoulder height, but ultimately your range of motion will determine how far you are able to raise the bar.