- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying Cable Tricep Extension (Rope Extension) Instructions
- Set up for the lying cable tricep extension with rope by attaching a rope to a low pulley and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Lie with your back flat on the floor facing away from the pulley and grab the rope with a neutral grip at shoulder width apart.
- Keep your upper arms tucked in close to your body and raised so that your forearms are about parallel to the floor.
- Hold the rope directly in front of your face, lifting the weight slightly off the stack. This is the starting position.
- Slowly push your arms out in front of your body, fully extending your arms.
- Pause briefly and lower the rope back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
Lying Cable Tricep Extension (Rope Extension) Tips
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.
- Keep your back flat on the floor. You can bend at the knees and place your feet flat on the floor to help with stability.
- Keep your head flat on the floor and look straight up toward the ceiling.