- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying High Pulley Close Grip Cable Curl Instructions
- Set up for the lying high pulley cable curl by positioning a flat bench in front of a cable machine.
- Attach a straight bar to the high pulley cable and select the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Sit on the bench with your back to the cable machine and grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing you). Your hands should be 6-8 inches apart.
- Lay back on the bench so your head is at the end closest to the cable machine.
- Keeping your upper arms fixed, slowly curl the bar towards the top of your head.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Don't let your upper arms move throughout the set.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight.
Realy this technique is pretty effective.......if you wish to have bulky and well toned biceps, who have to follow the said exercises...........