- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBodyweight
- Force TypePull (Bilateral)
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying Alternate Heel Touches Overview
Lying Alternate Heel Touches Instructions
- Lay supine in a relaxed position with your knees up and arms straight out towards your feet.
- Exhale hard and reach toward the base of your heel while contracting your abs and curling up.
- Inhale as you slowly lower yourself back to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
- Complete for the assigned number of repetitions.
Lying Alternate Heel Touches Tips
- Exhale hard like you’re blowing out candles on a cake and hold the contraction for a second in order to improve mind muscle connection.
- If your lower back bothers you during this exercise, choose more anti extension and anti rotation based movements.