Lying Dumbbell Reverse Fly Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by setting a pair of dumbbells near a flat bench. Depending on the length of your arms, you may need to elevate the bench using blocks or steps.
- Grab the dumbbells and position yourself with your chest flat on the bench. Your feet can be straight out behind you or used for stability on the floor.
- Your arms should be hanging below the bench - holding the dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing one another).
- Keep your head up and your eyes facing forward. This is the starting position.
- Moving only at the shoulders, raise your arms in a semi-circular motion out to your sides until your arms are parallel to the floor. Keep a slight bend in your elbows throughout the movement.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together at the height of the movement and then begin slowly lowering the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Practice good form with a light weight.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades and pause for a moment at the top of the movement.
- Do not let the dumbbells "hang" at the bottom of the movement, but keep the tension in your arms.
- Focus on moving only at the shoulders. The rest of your body should be kept as still as possible and your arms should hold the same form throughout the movement.