- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredDumbbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Lying Dumbbell Curl Instructions
- Set up for the lying dumbbell curl by grabbing a set of dumbbells (you should use a lighter weight than you're used to) and laying down on a flat bench.
- Your arms should be straight and by your sides, and you should be holding the dumbbells in an underhand position (palms facing up).
- Starting the movement with your arms fully extended, curl the dumbbells up towards your shoulders.
- Squeeze the biceps and lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Lying Dumbbell Curl Tips
- Keep your elbows fixed throughout the set. Don't allow them to come up as you curl the dumbbells. Only your forearms should be moving.