- The lying cable curl is a good exercise for isolating the biceps. Set up for the exercise by attaching a straight bar to a low pulley cable and selecting the weight you want to use.
- Sit on the floor in front of the cable machine with your feet resting against it.
- Grip the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up) at around shoulder width and lay back on the floor. Your body should be flat on the floor.
- Keeping your upper arms on the floor, slowly curl the bar up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps, and then slowly lower the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Keep your upper arms flat on the floor. Don't allow your elbows to come up as your curl the bar up.
- Keep the rep timing slow and control the weight on the way down.