Lying Barbell Reverse Extension Instructions
- The lying barbell reverse extension is a great exercise to truly isolate the triceps! Set up by sitting on the end of a flat bench with the barbell or EZ bar resting on your thighs.
- Grip the bar with an overhand grip (palms facing down) with your hands about 8-12 inches apart.
- Lay back on the bench and extend your arms out behind your head so that they're close to parallel to the floor. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your elbows and upper arms fixed in place, slowly lower the barbell behind your head.
- Don't pause, and then extend your arms to bring the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- Unlike some other exercises you should not pause when your arms are bent, this is basically resting at the bottom of the movement.
- Keep the exercise flowing and control the weight.
- Keep your elbows in and upper arms fixed during the set.
- Use a very light weight as first!