- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredBarbell
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Reverse Incline Bench Barbell Curl Instructions
- Set an incline bench at a 30-degree angle (If you do not have access to an incline bench you can prop up a straight bench).
- Grab a barbell and place it at the end of the incline bench.
- Lay on the bench with your chest against the padding. Your chest should be at the end of the bench.
- Grasp the barbell with an underhand grip (palms facing up), with your hands about shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your eyes up and bending at the elbows, slowly curl the barbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Reverse Incline Bench Barbell Curl Tips
- You should bend at the elbows only. Don't let your elbows come forward when curling the weight up.
- Squeeze the biceps hard at the top of the movement for a count of 1-2 for best results.
- Control the weight on the way down. Lower the bar slowly, not allowing the weight to drop down quickly.