- Set an incline bench at a 30 degree angle (If you do not have access to an incline bench you can prop up a straight bench).
- Get a barbell and place it the end of the incline bench.
- Lay on the bench with your chest against the padding. Your chest should be at the end of the bench.
- Grasp the barbell with an underhand grip (palms facing up), with your hands about shoulder width apart.
- Keeping your eyes up and bending at the elbows only, slowly curl the barbell up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps at the top of the movement, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- You should bend at the elbows only. Don't let your elbows come forward when curling the weight up.
- Squeeze the biceps hard at the top of the movement for a count of 1-2 for best results.
- Control the weight on the way down. Lower the bar slowly, not allowing the weight drop down quickly.