- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredCable
- Force TypePush
- Experience LevelIntermediate
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
Kneeling Overhead Tricep Extension (Over Flat Bench) Instructions
- Set up for the exercise by placing a flat bench long ways in front of a cable pulley machine and attaching a straight bar to the high pulley. Select the desired weight on the stack.
- Grab the bar using an overhand grip at shoulder width and turn away from the pulley to face the bench.
- Pull the weight off the stack and kneel in front of the bench holding the bar behind your head and placing your upper arms securely on the bench.
- Your elbows should be extended out over the edge of the bench and your head should be down. This is the starting position.
- Start the movement by pushing the bar out in front of you, bending only at the elbow joints until your arms are fully extended.
- Pause and then slowly bring the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Kneeling Overhead Tricep Extension (Over Flat Bench) Tips
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.