Incline Cable Flys Instructions
- Set both pulleys as low as possible, position an incline bench in the cable station, and select the desired weight.
- Sit on the end of the bench and grasp one handle at a time. Lay back and get into position while holding the handles at chest height.
- Press the handles to lockout while flexing the pecs and extending the elbows.
- Keep a slight bend in the elbows, move entirely at the shoulder joint, and slowly allow the arms to open while the pecs stretch.
- Return to the starting position by flexing your pecs and bringing the handles together at chest height.
- Slowly lower back to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Incline Cable Flys Tips
- Imagine you’re trying to hug a tree while completing the exercise.
- Don’t squeeze the handles excessively tight as this can over recruit the forearms and biceps thereby reducing activation of the pecs.
- Avoid touching or banging the handles together at peak contraction to keep constant tension on the intended muscle groups.
- Always keep a slight bend in the elbows and never lower the weight to the point where you get any sort of pain and pressure at the front of the shoulder joint.
- Ensure you maintain some tension in your abs and don’t allow your lower back to arch excessively.