- Target Muscle Group
- Exercise TypeStrength
- Equipment RequiredOther
- Force TypePull
- Experience LevelBeginner
- Secondary Muscles
Target Muscle Group
High Weight Plate Front Raise Instructions
- Choose a weight plate and stand with your feet around shoulder width apart. Hold the weight plate with your palms facing one another at around the 3 and 9 o'clock positions.
- Let the weight plate rest on your thighs. Straighten your back, tense your mid section and pull your shoulders back, taking the weight off your thighs and holding it about 5 inches from your body. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping a slight bend in your elbows, slowly raise the plate up until it is almost straight above your head.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the plate back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.
- This is an isolation exercise so it's important that you focus on strict technique to isolate the front deltoids.
- Don't let the plate touch your body during the set.
- Keep the rep timing slow, and lower the weight slowly.
- And finally, keep your mid section tight and your back straight. Don't swing to assist moving the weight up.