High Pulley Overhead Tricep Extension Instructions
- Set up for the high pulley tricep extension by attaching a straight bar to a high pulley and selecting the weight you want to use on the stack.
- Facing away from the pulley, grab the bar behind your neck with an overhand grip at shoulder width apart.
- Bend over at the waist until your torso is almost parallel to the floor. This will lift the weight slightly from the stack.
- You can stagger your feet and bend slightly at the knees to help with balance.
- Your upper arms should be parallel to the floor at this point and you should be grasping the bar behind your head. You are now in the starting position.
- Moving only at your elbow joints slowly push the bar out in from of your body until your arms are fully extended.
- Pause, and then slowly bring the bar back to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement for desired reps.
- Focus on moving the weight with your triceps, keeping control of the weight as you slowly lower the weight stack back to the starting position.
- Keep your body as still as possible, moving only your forearms.